I’ve been looking for a solution to creating an online quiz. I want the software to support the following features;
- ability to display test questions
- ability to accept and store student responses
- automatic scoring
- ability to report quiz results by; class, quiz id, student
I’ve tried several plugins, the best of which was mtouchquiz but even with gravity reports I don’t get the data I want.
So here’s what I did…..
I decided to write subroutines in php to be instanciated in a blog post at a later date.
- manually create a student response database under MySQL – db creation will be automated later I went back later andchanged the question numbers to Q01, Q02 etc.
- populate a sample test, use student id=999 as the answer key
- build a php / SQL routine to grade the sample quiz
- create a blog post form which contains iframes for the quiz and for the answer block
- write report scripts and call thm from a teacher password protected post or page